May 11, 2021
Famous Coco Chanel quotes.
Coco Chanel or actually Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel.
Who doesn’t know her? French designer, revolutionized women’s fashion. She promoted women’s clothes that were a response to the times in which she lived and created. She snatched women from stiff corsets, offering them simple, sporty cuts and practical short dresses, becoming an icon of Parisian haute couture for sixty years.
Here is what we owe her: short hair “on the page”, a tan, jersey costumes, “little black dress”, turtlenecks, artificial jewelry, trousers as an element of women’s wardrobe, tweed jacket, trench coat. All these clothes have remained with us to this day and are considered a classic canon of elegance. Last but not least, the perfume should not be forgotten, in 1921 she created the perfume that is popular to this day – Chanel No. 5.
She provoked with a new style, ideas, but also a way of being and statements. Here are her famous quotes that are still relevant today.
- “The best things in life are free. The second best ones are incredibly expensive. “
- “If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.”
- “Fashion changes, but style endures.”
- “Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.”
- “Keep your heels, head and standards high.”
- “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”
- “Don’t take yourself so seriously. Nobody else does it. “
- “Beauty begins the moment we choose to be ourselves.”
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.”